Making an application
Applications should be made by letter or email and sent to the Clerk, Lyn Rickatson, either by post:
Grays Solicitors, Duncombe Place, York YO1 7DY
or by email: Click here to email the Clerk
Tel: 01904 634771
Grants are made for general charitable purposes for the benefit of the inhabitants of York and also for the upkeep and maintenance of Church of England churches in York, based on its pre-1974 boundaries.
Sums awarded have ranged from £250 to £100,000. In the last ten years, over one million pounds has been given in grants to a great variety of projects.
Grants are not made to individuals.
Historic boundaries of York
Before making an application please ensure that your organisation lies within the historic boundaries of York, as shown on this map.
In exceptional circumstances, a grant may be awarded to an organisation based close to but outside this area, if it can be clearly demonstrated that it is of direct benefit to people living within the area.
Submitting your application
The Feoffees usually meet in March, June, September and December. Applications should be made before the middle of the previous month. Late applications will be deferred.
The following information should be submitted with the application:
- Details of the project and the size of grant requested, together with estimated costs
- A note of any funding sought or promised from elsewhere, as well as internal resources
- A set of your latest financial accounts
- Confirmation that in the event of over-funding any grant made by the Feoffees will be refunded to them in full or in an appropriate proportion
- Confirmation that a subsequent report on how the grant has benefited the recipient will be provided to the Feoffees.